Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

• Read the FAQ first before asking questionsShoutbox is for General chat and questions only •
@  Aaria : (26 March 2015 - 04:51 PM) I changed it for you
@  Drak : (26 March 2015 - 02:41 PM) Testing over?
@  DakotaKid98 : (26 March 2015 - 01:17 AM) I think this is what you want. minecraft-techworld.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=displayname
@  Aaria : (25 March 2015 - 11:09 PM) Yes, you change your display name in the way that I described, do you have that option?
@  Aaria : (25 March 2015 - 07:55 PM) What do you mean by 'application name' ?
@  l_Shiro_l : (25 March 2015 - 07:07 PM) I know how to change my display name, i mean is there a way to change the application name since i changed my minecraft ign.
@  Aaria : (25 March 2015 - 03:19 PM) At the top of the page on the right hand side there's 'Sign out', 'View new content' and to the left of that will be your username. Click on the dropdown then go to 'My profile' then about midway down the page will be 'Edit my profile', from there you can change your display MC name
@  l_Shiro_l : (24 March 2015 - 05:12 PM) I just downloaded the pack and so far it is amazing
@  abomb2o11 : (23 March 2015 - 08:59 PM) this looks awesome! Hope I can run it OK, lots of mods to learn
@  Aaria : (23 March 2015 - 05:18 PM) http://www.technicpa...oneadmin.612606 Mod list! This pack is going to be so much fun, hope everyone likes the mods we chose ^_^
@  abomb2o11 : (23 March 2015 - 12:52 AM) Is there a mod list out yet?
@  Executer : (21 March 2015 - 11:28 PM) Ye I saw, ty <3
@  Aaria : (21 March 2015 - 11:24 PM) I responded
@  Executer : (21 March 2015 - 11:18 PM) PMed you lol
@  Aaria : (21 March 2015 - 11:17 PM) What's up?
@  Executer : (21 March 2015 - 10:48 PM) Aaria~ I need help =/
@  n8crafter : (21 March 2015 - 12:18 AM) that sounds cool. they could have intensities from blindness to periodic heart reduction every 10-20 seconds
@  protokardas : (20 March 2015 - 10:48 PM) random idea for mod: Sandstorms. Basically retextured snow that falls in deserts, blows sideways, and causes reduced vision
@  Aaria : (20 March 2015 - 06:02 PM) But at the end of the day it comes down to the person's PC, server-side wise, there shouldn't be any lag
@  Aaria : (20 March 2015 - 06:01 PM) It's probably about the same as Direwolf to be fair mod wise

Photo

Fix: "Internal client error: java.net.connectException: Connection timed out: connect"

Internal client error java.net Connection timed out: connect

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 NicoNeko

NicoNeko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

Problem:
"Internal client error: java.net.connectException: Connection timed out: connect"

Explanation:
I was having this problem for a few days now, everytime I tried to connect to the techworld server I got that error message so I searched the forum and goggle it with no luck, I tried to delete java and tekkit and reinstalled it again with no luck, then I notice it gave me the same error message on vanilla minecraft and home tekkit/minecraft servers, so I figure it was something with my computer, but then I got lucky and yesterday someone uploaded a video on youtube on how to fix this problem.

How to fix it:
1)Local Disk (C:)- Windows- System32- drivers- etc
2)Drag "host" file onto desktop
3)Open with Notepad/Notepad++
4)Delete any line that mentions the word Minecraft (As shown above I believe it will be at the bottom of the file)
5)Save the File and transfer back to the folder "etc" (click continue for administrator permission)
6)Re-Join the server (This should hopefully have fixed it).
(copied from the youtube video)

video:

if anyone got the same problem I hope this will help you as it helped me :)

#2 iloveloosy12

iloveloosy12

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

Thanks nico

Turns out this is the first topic in the "Common Problems and Solutions" oat by MasterGalen in this same section:P
http://minecraft-tec...-and-solutions/
Posted Image

#3 Keluc

Keluc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

No help :( I don't even have line that mentions the word Minecraft.

#4 satbossblackop

satbossblackop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

I also have this error but i cant fix it since i run tekkit on my macbook. if anybody know a solution please tell me! thanks

#5 SnipingSteve

SnipingSteve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

I logged into the Server for the first time, after about 2 mins my FPS froze and then I got this error message.

I'm running OSX mavericks on a mackbook air with 4GB ram if this helps

#6 satbossblackop

satbossblackop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

I also have this error but i cant fix it since i run tekkit on my macbook. if anybody know a solution please tell me! thanks

I logged into the Server for the first time, after about 2 mins my FPS froze and then I got this error message.

I'm running OSX mavericks on a mackbook air with 4GB ram if this helps

I recently played without my windows mouse and it looks like its fixed and if i plug it back in it crashes after a few minutes

maybe this will help its worth trying.

#7 kaiju32

kaiju32

• Guest (Applying)
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:35 AM

Try running this in the terminal:

sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/hosts

#8 beanboy10

beanboy10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:46 AM

The hosts file does not contain any line with the word minecraft, but I am on a 64-bit computer, and MC runs off of 64 bit Java. I'm going to look (Carefully) and see if I can find a workaround.

I have been having this problem for days and it was really bugging me. thank you for putting me on the right track to fixing it.

EDIT: I may have figured out why it won't show up. Let me test before saying.