Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

• Read the FAQ first before asking questionsShoutbox is for General chat and questions only •
@  seanos1998 : (28 December 2017 - 09:48 PM) R.I.P.
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) http://hyperzone.tech/
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) It's been revived and running for more than a year
@  KookieNCoffee1 : (22 September 2016 - 03:13 AM) Woot!
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) xD
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) Revive The techworld!
@  Brisingr17 : (28 August 2016 - 10:10 AM) Glad the old site is back, lots of memories
@  Lumandrill : (23 August 2016 - 05:07 PM) Wuhuuu First Visitor in a year :D
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:44 PM) haha, let's not hope, but know that it will be a good next three years!
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) Yep, and hopefully a good almost-three years on the next server!
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) say, will people who have been a part of the server since techworld get a special title perhaps? would be nice :P
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:41 PM) ... *Sigh* it's been a good almost-three years here...
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 08:40 PM) Yes, very sadly this website and forums will be no longer in use by the end of today if Galen gets it done tonight
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:37 PM) I guess we're leaving this forum then?
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 07:45 PM) http://tech-hyperzon...g54027#msg54027
@  Darkflames : (09 April 2015 - 10:25 PM) (to all the awaiting fans that is.)
@  Darkflames : (09 April 2015 - 10:24 PM) While we wait, our communities from the last server can reorganize. Like Colonia. Open a thread, plan something. Just because the server isn't ready doesn't mean we can't socialize ;;)
@  Aaria : (09 April 2015 - 05:00 PM) In the next few days or next week it's likely we'll be doing a public beta for people who check the forums, but even that won't be released until we have everything we need up, working and as stable as possible
@  Aaria : (09 April 2015 - 04:59 PM) Unlike with the last map we are leaving a proper launch until we are sure that we've covered everything and that all major issues have already been fixed before a playerbase is established
@  Aaria : (09 April 2015 - 04:57 PM) No the reason isn't permissions

Photo

Poll for New Server coming very soon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#1 jhyper3d

jhyper3d

• Elite
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:31 PM

I am jhyper3d and I am a new owner of tech-world.  I would like to have your inputs on the new tech-world custom modpack.  

Thank you for all your support and I will enjoy your put with enthusiasm. 

#2 latios2468

latios2468

Advanced Member

• Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:00 PM

jhyper3d, thank you so much for taking up the responsibility for the server!

In any case, a custom modpack!? This is awesome!

Anyways I think we should get some basic mods, like Thermal Expansion, Thaumcraft, TC, Ender IO, just everyday stuff like that.

Next, some mods that change the world generation. You know, like biome stuff or random structures.

Perhaps some dimension mods too? Twilight Forest is a given, I don't really think we need Mystcraft though. That'd cause way too much lag, and it's really not all that useful.

We should also have mods pertaining to just little changes, like NEI and inventory organization.

Add more mobs, maybe? I remember Minecraft Comes Alive was da bomb.

And if possible, we should add something flight related. Flans mod was a bit buggy last time I checked (1.4.7), but if its good now, I say we should add it! :D

And here's the one that I've been screaming about for the past I-Don't-Know-How-Long.

Galacticraft.

And I can't speak for everyone, but for me, even if the new modpack is as buggy as a beehive, I'd still be happy to play.

Thank you so much!!!!

:D

#3 RinkyDinkyDoo

RinkyDinkyDoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Any pack with rotarycraft

#4 RinkyDinkyDoo

RinkyDinkyDoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

And gratz on Ownership

#5 DakotaKid98

DakotaKid98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

Powersuits, powersuits addons, tinkers construct, the norm tech mods from DW20, can't agree on more mobs though. I like to build more than fight. Dartcraft would be awesome. And extra utilities (DD) of course.

#6 l_Shiro_l

l_Shiro_l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:15 PM

Big reactors and blood magic are a must, and Draconic Evolution is a newer mod that adds the best energy storage system ever.

#7 DakotaKid98

DakotaKid98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:17 PM

Big reactors and blood magic are a must, and Draconic Evolution is a newer mod that adds the best energy storage system ever.

I don't do blood magic but totally agree on big reactors

#8 latios2468

latios2468

Advanced Member

• Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:24 PM

Powersuits, powersuits addons, tinkers construct, the norm tech mods from DW20, can't agree on more mobs though. I like to build more than fight. Dartcraft would be awesome. And extra utilities (DD) of course.

Lol, MCA doesn't add hostile mobs. It adds new and improved villagers, that actually look like people! You can also talk to them and have kids that do to your bidding! Imagine, you can have a CHILD ARMY! BUAHAHAHHAHHA

Totally agree. Just checked out Draconic Evolution that looked pretty awesome, though if Draconium ore spawns in The End, we're gonna have alot of resetting to do. Also, I see some items that we might have to disable.

On a side note, is the Temporary server up? I keep getting that hostname error.

Thanks!

#9 Bloodraven

Bloodraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:35 AM

Congratulations Hyper!

#10 Darkflames

Darkflames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:17 AM

Idk if you guys like Xeno's Reliquary, But I think its a nice little mod. Also Bibliocraft. Tech world has a large common theme of aesthetics. Bibliocraft is necessary for flair.
Twilight Forest is cool and useful.

#11 Ultrarage_Aventius

Ultrarage_Aventius

Jake757

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:36 AM

Portal gun?

#12 Bloodraven

Bloodraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:25 AM

I want to suggest basically any mod that goes with Tinkers' Construct

#13 kaotictyberius

kaotictyberius

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:58 AM

I agree with Bloodraven.

Tinkers' Construct, Tinkers' Mechworks, Tinkers' Steelworks, Possibly Metallurgy and Iguana Tweaks

Mekanism possibly?

i would say not galacticraft.  while i know everyone likes the mod, i think the bad outweighs the good. way too glitchy.

if i can think of anything else, ill post it.

#14 Ultrarage_Aventius

Ultrarage_Aventius

Jake757

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:43 AM

Metallurgy last time really messed up the ore generation

#15 kaotictyberius

kaotictyberius

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:50 PM

Metallurgy last time really messed up the ore generation

true, but i think they have fixed some of those issues now, would be something to test in advance before going live.

#16 protokardas

protokardas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

Galacticraft also clogged up the dynamap cause everyone and their mother would create space-station dimensions. We would also experience abnormal lag and frequent crashes when people were on the moon.

So downvote on galacticraft.

All and all, I would like something similar to what we had with this map. I have to agree though that the Draconic Evolution mod looks amazing. But it looks to still be in beta and I'm worried all the extra particle effects might be a bit too much for some people's computers and cause some client-side lag.

Metallurgy I am meh on. All in all, not that necessary.

We had Mystcraft on this map and I say it was useful due to the fact it was limited. Making new dimensions was disabled and we could easily create intra-linking books for portal networks. It also allowed for the creation of the Demonic Invasion dimension for Blood Magic.

#17 l_Shiro_l

l_Shiro_l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:15 PM

Galacticraft also clogged up the dynamap cause everyone and their mother would create space-station dimensions. We would also experience abnormal lag and frequent crashes when people were on the moon.

So downvote on galacticraft.

All and all, I would like something similar to what we had with this map. I have to agree though that the Draconic Evolution mod looks amazing. But it looks to still be in beta and I'm worried all the extra particle effects might be a bit too much for some people's computers and cause some client-side lag.

Metallurgy I am meh on. All in all, not that necessary.

We had Mystcraft on this map and I say it was useful due to the fact it was limited. Making new dimensions was disabled and we could easily create intra-linking books for portal networks. It also allowed for the creation of the Demonic Invasion dimension for Blood Magic.

If the particles make your client lag then odds are you already have low fps, in which case you should have turned off particles anyway. If Draconic Evolution causes server lag then i would understand not having it but excluding a mod just because people with weaker computer might lag doesn't make sense.

#18 n8crafter

n8crafter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:34 PM

blood magic, botania, Thaumcraft, thalamic tinkerer, forbidden magic,thaumic exploration, and Thaumic horizons are my suggestions. (basically the magic mods and their addons)

thaumic horizons is basically a magic cloning and mutation addon for thaum (and it adds a somewhat expensive way to keep your items and experience on death!)

I thought metallurgy was a fun mod, and i miss mekanism as well, and hope that if we have any ore adding mods, we will keep AOBD with them. (hooray 5x ores!)

I agree with others on Galacticraft being a buggy mess without much mod support.

Edit: forgot Thaumic Energistics. I bet you can guess what it does.

#19 latios2468

latios2468

Advanced Member

• Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

Sigh... Looks like my Galacticraft dream will have to wait then....

#20 l_Shiro_l

l_Shiro_l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

Extra Utilities and Open blocks are also fun mods.