Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

• Read the FAQ first before asking questionsShoutbox is for General chat and questions only •
@  ergo3983 : (01 May 2019 - 09:53 PM) It's been so long! I still remember :)
@  seanos1998 : (30 April 2019 - 10:45 PM) Same
@  Brisingr17 : (12 March 2019 - 03:52 AM) I miss the good ol' days!
@  robotfly : (07 February 2019 - 04:01 PM) I dont know who will see this, or if anyone will, but I love all you guys, and I miss our time on this server <3 I hope you all are doing well
@  seanos1998 : (28 December 2017 - 09:48 PM) R.I.P.
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) http://hyperzone.tech/
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) It's been revived and running for more than a year
@  KookieNCoffee1 : (22 September 2016 - 03:13 AM) Woot!
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) xD
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) Revive The techworld!
@  Brisingr17 : (28 August 2016 - 10:10 AM) Glad the old site is back, lots of memories
@  Lumandrill : (23 August 2016 - 05:07 PM) Wuhuuu First Visitor in a year :D
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:44 PM) haha, let's not hope, but know that it will be a good next three years!
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) Yep, and hopefully a good almost-three years on the next server!
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) say, will people who have been a part of the server since techworld get a special title perhaps? would be nice :P
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:41 PM) ... *Sigh* it's been a good almost-three years here...
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 08:40 PM) Yes, very sadly this website and forums will be no longer in use by the end of today if Galen gets it done tonight
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:37 PM) I guess we're leaving this forum then?
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 07:45 PM) http://tech-hyperzon...g54027#msg54027
@  Darkflames : (09 April 2015 - 10:25 PM) (to all the awaiting fans that is.)

Photo

Poll for New Server coming very soon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#21 Drak

Drak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:04 PM

Under suggestions for the future pack, I suggest not using Towny.  Though it protects, it also disrupts mod use, preventing world interactions in and out of towns.  Other servers have already started going without it as there was no workable solution to stop the interference issues such as with Activators, for planting Slime Saplings from Tinker's or Block Gates from Steve's Factory Manager for automated Botania.

#22 RinkyDinkyDoo

RinkyDinkyDoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

Nerd overload - http://www.technicpa...-modpack.602719

#23 Drak

Drak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:23 PM

Mad Science and Doctor Who look nice, but there seems to be a lack of Railcraft and Weeping Angels mods.

#24 protokardas

protokardas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:36 AM

If the particles make your client lag then odds are you already have low fps, in which case you should have turned off particles anyway. If Draconic Evolution causes server lag then i would understand not having it but excluding a mod just because people with weaker computer might lag doesn't make sense.

Point. I was just trying to be somewhat objective cause, OMG! Did you see that power core!? It Looks frikin' AMAZING~, and so many ideas and-

HypeINTESIFIES_zps0d775912.gif

#25 Aaria

Aaria

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 317 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:09 AM

Under suggestions for the future pack, I suggest not using Towny.  Though it protects, it also disrupts mod use, preventing world interactions in and out of towns.  Other servers have already started going without it as there was no workable solution to stop the interference issues such as with Activators, for planting Slime Saplings from Tinker's or Block Gates from Steve's Factory Manager for automated Botania.

Could you explain what you mean by this?

Posted Image

#26 abomb2o11

abomb2o11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:11 AM

Thaumcraft, extensions to thaumcraft, and witchery (I like magic :P) along with tinker's construct,  and dartcraft.

#27 Drak

Drak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:17 AM

Could you explain what you mean by this?

When testing in single player mode, if for example you use an activator from Thermal Expansion, you could use it to plant Saplings of any kind.  When last used on the server, or other servers with Towny installed, you could neither use this method of planting saplings in or out of towns ( such as Bloodwood or Slime which have no interaction with other mods ).

When using Steve's Factory Manager in the same testing, Towny prevents placing of blocks or items by non-players such as the Block Gates, either making noises like it was placing, or dropping items.  The Towny plugin is not friendly to fake-player machines at all.

In addition to your own experience when Embryo was gone for a period of time, towns can disappear before your eyes due to the plugin's regeneration of chunks.

#28 Aaria

Aaria

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 317 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:43 PM

When testing in single player mode, if for example you use an activator from Thermal Expansion, you could use it to plant Saplings of any kind.  When last used on the server, or other servers with Towny installed, you could neither use this method of planting saplings in or out of towns ( such as Bloodwood or Slime which have no interaction with other mods ).

When using Steve's Factory Manager in the same testing, Towny prevents placing of blocks or items by non-players such as the Block Gates, either making noises like it was placing, or dropping items.  The Towny plugin is not friendly to fake-player machines at all.

In addition to your own experience when Embryo was gone for a period of time, towns can disappear before your eyes due to the plugin's regeneration of chunks.

I'll bring this up with Hyper, I'm sure he can look at the code and see what the problem is. Perhaps he'll be able to ammend it. Otherwise that is something we'll have to consider, but Towny has always been a part of Techworld and used by many people. But thank you for pointing that out ^_^

Posted Image

#29 l_Shiro_l

l_Shiro_l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:08 PM

I also remember towny messing up power transfer between town borders.

#30 Aaria

Aaria

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 317 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:06 PM

I also remember towny messing up power transfer between town borders.

I don't believe that problem was towny. It was a general issue between chunk boundaries and power output. I don't think it changed between the power being in or out of a town.

Posted Image

#31 DakotaKid95

DakotaKid95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:27 AM

I think, as TechWorld, we should concentrate mainly on tech mods, but I do definitely enjoy the magic mods, TC especially.  DartCraft is one I would really like to see.  There's an investment up-front, when you have limited resources, but once you get past that, it helps speed up some crafting chains.  Morph is one I haven't seen mentioned, but is extremely handy early-game, let's you go explore a lot more and spread out across the map quicker.  The Sync mod, by Ichun, is one I've played with before, and it's definitely a cool one, simplifies travel within and across dimensions, and gives you a way to "cheat" death if you invest the resources in it.  Anything TiCon would be awesome, of course.  ModularPowerSuits and MPSAddons are both handy.

#32 Executer

Executer

Advanced Member

• Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:36 AM

I would like to have at least one of the large tech mods, of the three:
Gregtech
Rotary/Reactorcraft (technically two mods, but you can't have reactorcraft without rotarycraft)

Mekanism

(All 3 would be awesome too, if possible xD)

Big reactors is nice, but I feel like it's a little too strong early on.  Perhaps use the config change that makes them take steel instead of iron?

I can't comment on the magical mods, as I don't usually partake.  People seem to enjoy their blood magic and botanism though :D

I feel like Dartcraft and ProjectE are both under the "Totally unbalanced and not very fun" categories, but that's just me.

#33 Drak

Drak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:34 PM

I miss Dartcraft

#34 DakotaKid98

DakotaKid98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:07 PM

Big reactors is nice, but I feel like it's a little too strong early on.  Perhaps use the config change that makes them take steel instead of iron?

Nooooo. We did that before and it made a lot of people unhappy. It is a little strong I agree but I think it is nice to have. It makes expansion easier and let's us get the tech mods running.

#35 Executer

Executer

Advanced Member

• Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:25 AM

Nooooo. We did that before and it made a lot of people unhappy. It is a little strong I agree but I think it is nice to have. It makes expansion easier and let's us get the tech mods running.

There's so many other powerful options for power generation that just aren't quite so ridiculous.  Example: A single dynamo with 2x efficiency and 2x output augments will put out 320 RF/t, but requires a decent amount of fuel input, or with 3x output augments, a massive 640 RF/t, but will consume quite a bit of fuel.

I'm not so much against bigreactors (I do use them myself) as I am against their consumption:output ratio.  You can run one for days on a single stack of ingots, and get (yes, literally) hundreds of millions of RF out of each and every ingot.  A different alternative, if not the steel-instead-of-iron, would be Direwolf20's default config of 10x fuel consumption.  You still get loads of RF out of it, the ingots just don't quite last as long.

#36 protokardas

protokardas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:25 PM

I would want Dartcraft solely for the clipboards. Everything else I do not care about. Other alternatives could be the Backpacks mod's workbench backpack or the XACT mod's Craft Pad.

#37 Drak

Drak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:59 PM

I would want Dartcraft solely for the clipboards. Everything else I do not care about. Other alternatives could be the Backpacks mod's workbench backpack or the XACT mod's Craft Pad.

I want dartcraft because it was fun and useful at the same time.  Iron-like armor with IC2 compatibility, flight that involved sparkles, a liquid that made zombies into baby zombies.  It was great playing with dartcraft on the old server last year. 

#38 abomb2o11

abomb2o11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:05 AM

I Also think we should have fast craft and optifine pre-installed

#39 protokardas

protokardas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:13 AM

I Also think we should have fast craft and optifine pre-installed

Make sure it's not the ultra edition of optifine, as I remember there being issues when one would attempt to use multi-core and smooth chunk loading that would cause minecraft to CTD.

---

Oh god, I just really realized we're gonna be using a custom modpack again. *has flashbacks of trying to build a resourcepack for the last custom one*

Welp, time to find a resourcepack that has most of the mods now...

#40 DakotaKid98

DakotaKid98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:15 AM

I kinda expected that it would be put at dierwolf20's ore consumption. Dartcraft is awesome when you get into force infusion.