Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

• Read the FAQ first before asking questionsShoutbox is for General chat and questions only •
@  ergo3983 : (01 May 2019 - 09:53 PM) It's been so long! I still remember :)
@  seanos1998 : (30 April 2019 - 10:45 PM) Same
@  Brisingr17 : (12 March 2019 - 03:52 AM) I miss the good ol' days!
@  robotfly : (07 February 2019 - 04:01 PM) I dont know who will see this, or if anyone will, but I love all you guys, and I miss our time on this server <3 I hope you all are doing well
@  seanos1998 : (28 December 2017 - 09:48 PM) R.I.P.
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) http://hyperzone.tech/
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) It's been revived and running for more than a year
@  KookieNCoffee1 : (22 September 2016 - 03:13 AM) Woot!
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) xD
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) Revive The techworld!
@  Brisingr17 : (28 August 2016 - 10:10 AM) Glad the old site is back, lots of memories
@  Lumandrill : (23 August 2016 - 05:07 PM) Wuhuuu First Visitor in a year :D
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:44 PM) haha, let's not hope, but know that it will be a good next three years!
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) Yep, and hopefully a good almost-three years on the next server!
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) say, will people who have been a part of the server since techworld get a special title perhaps? would be nice :P
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:41 PM) ... *Sigh* it's been a good almost-three years here...
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 08:40 PM) Yes, very sadly this website and forums will be no longer in use by the end of today if Galen gets it done tonight
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:37 PM) I guess we're leaving this forum then?
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 07:45 PM) http://tech-hyperzon...g54027#msg54027
@  Darkflames : (09 April 2015 - 10:25 PM) (to all the awaiting fans that is.)

Photo

Poll for New Server coming very soon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#41 Drak

Drak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:58 AM

I kinda expected that it would be put at dierwolf20's ore consumption. Dartcraft is awesome when you get into force infusion.

Walking on water and bottling creepers.

#42 DakotaKid95

DakotaKid95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:50 PM

Oh, yes.  Rod of Holding... So handy for moving herds of animals and such around.  Because the holding jars stack, for one thing.

#43 Drak

Drak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

Oh, yes.  Rod of Holding... So handy for moving herds of animals and such around.  Because the holding jars stack, for one thing.

I remember using the flasks to store Chickens on a shelf I believe it was.  Chu Chus were a good mob in Dartcraft for potions, and Sheering Pigs for bacon and Cows for leather without killing them was wonderful.

I miss Dartcraft.

#44 Bloodraven

Bloodraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:46 AM

Oh yeah I do want Mariculture in this it is very fun if you haven't heard of it

#45 sys64738

sys64738

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:39 PM

Unless Rotarycraft has greatly changed since I last used it (which is possible) I suspect it would bring the server to its knees. Don't get me wrong, I like the mod, but I can generate significant lag in SP with my own machines, let alone a MP server's worth of them.

I would disable anything above doubling for ore.

I would add nether ores just so there's a good reason to go to the nether from time to time.

If there's to be nuclear power then I wouldn't allow the fuel to be craftable (UU, laser drill, etc). I would add it to the nether, however.

Probably would get rid of laser drill / UU alltogether. It just leads to boredom once it's up and running.

#46 Drak

Drak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:49 AM

Unless Rotarycraft has greatly changed since I last used it (which is possible) I suspect it would bring the server to its knees. Don't get me wrong, I like the mod, but I can generate significant lag in SP with my own machines, let alone a MP server's worth of them.

I would add nether ores just so there's a good reason to go to the nether from time to time.

If there's to be nuclear power then I wouldn't allow the fuel to be craftable (UU, laser drill, etc). I would add it to the nether, however.

Probably would get rid of laser drill / UU alltogether. It just leads to boredom once it's up and running.

If you are bored with the laser drill, don't build it.

#47 xPhsyko

xPhsyko

Advanced Member

• Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:38 PM

I kinda just like having insane amounts of UU but just never using it. Makes me feel special.

#48 Executer

Executer

Advanced Member

• Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

If you are bored with the laser drill, don't build it.

You can't just hold something above someone as a tease and say "Hey, this is really OP, and everyone else is gunna use it, but totally don't use this"

That would be like having a relatively easy-to-make block that gave creative mode.  Everyone would use it, and it would be OP as hell.

#49 tm1618

tm1618

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:35 PM

I never used the laser drill much, don't have much use for randomly generated items at the enormous power cost. I'd rather use UU

#50 Drak

Drak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:24 PM

You can't just hold something above someone as a tease and say "Hey, this is really OP, and everyone else is gunna use it, but totally don't use this"

That would be like having a relatively easy-to-make block that gave creative mode.  Everyone would use it, and it would be OP as hell.

Laser Drills and UU Matter require high tier energy to be efficient in use to create certain things.  The Laser Drill makes random ore that can be focused in a certain type more often, but it still takes lots of power to make one ore.

#51 DakotaKid98

DakotaKid98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:47 PM

IMO the settings for power gen and usage rates were perfect on DW20. So many people want it really hard which is their choice, but this isn't that type of community. We are here to build and explore, not survive it is part of the game but not a major part here. I love using laser drill with my turbine and I hope I still can. 

#52 RinkyDinkyDoo

RinkyDinkyDoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:30 PM

I'd make lasers and mass fab's only purchasable from the server.

#53 DakotaKid98

DakotaKid98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:32 PM

I'd make lasers and mass fab's only purchasable from the server.

Noooooo, pink slime is annoying enough

#54 Executer

Executer

Advanced Member

• Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:04 AM

It's not so much the laser drill that I dislike.  I think it's fairly well balanced, with the large RF cost per block and whatnot.  The biggest issue is that with super-cheap and super-efficient bigReactors, the large RF cost per block is actually minute in comparison to the output from a turbine/reactor.

#55 DakotaKid98

DakotaKid98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:09 AM

Have you ever made a turbine with ludicrite blocks? It is crazy hard.

~Dakota

#56 Executer

Executer

Advanced Member

• Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

Have you ever made a turbine with ludicrite blocks? It is crazy hard.

~Dakota

You should be well on your way to infinite replication of items before you start on ludicrite (see: laser drill.)

1: It's not that hard (you can fairly easily kill withers later on in the game)

2: It's only a minor improvement over an enderium turbine.  Only build it if you absolutely have to (Or if you just happen to have excess resources laying around)

3: You can get just as much from a larger reactor.  If you find turbines too difficult, just expand your reactor instead.  They can easily put out over 100k RF/t from a larger reactor.

#57 DakotaKid98

DakotaKid98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

a reactor that large is super inefficient, it isn't worth it with a reactor only IMO

~Dakota

#58 Drak

Drak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:36 PM

You should be well on your way to infinite replication of items before you start on ludicrite (see: laser drill.)

1: It's not that hard (you can fairly easily kill withers later on in the game)

2: It's only a minor improvement over an enderium turbine.  Only build it if you absolutely have to (Or if you just happen to have excess resources laying around)

3: You can get just as much from a larger reactor.  If you find turbines too difficult, just expand your reactor instead.  They can easily put out over 100k RF/t from a larger reactor.

Ludicrite turbines do take up less space and produce more power, which is why they are ludicrous.  About 4k more rf/t on standard power configurations and the best turbine design I came up with was a 11 block cubed Turbine, allowing for 32 Ludicrite and fewest materials in construction I believe, though that may still need checked.

#59 DakotaKid98

DakotaKid98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:44 PM

I used  Dehietyi's design that worked fairly well but was expensive.

~Dakota

#60 Executer

Executer

Advanced Member

• Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:43 AM

a reactor that large is super inefficient, it isn't worth it with a reactor only IMO

~Dakota

A reactor that large you get about 120m+ RF per ingot.  I don't know what you've been building...

Some math for you.

A 7x7x16 ludicrite turbine puts out about 28k RF/t, and takes up 784 blocks of space.

A 14x14x14 reactor that puts out 117k RF/t, and takes up 2744 blocks of space.

For 3.5x as much space, it puts out ~4.2x as much RF.  A little less efficient, but not terribly so, at an average of 120M RF per ingot.