Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

• Read the FAQ first before asking questionsShoutbox is for General chat and questions only •
@  seanos1998 : (28 December 2017 - 09:48 PM) R.I.P.
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) http://hyperzone.tech/
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) It's been revived and running for more than a year
@  KookieNCoffee1 : (22 September 2016 - 03:13 AM) Woot!
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) xD
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) Revive The techworld!
@  Brisingr17 : (28 August 2016 - 10:10 AM) Glad the old site is back, lots of memories
@  Lumandrill : (23 August 2016 - 05:07 PM) Wuhuuu First Visitor in a year :D
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:44 PM) haha, let's not hope, but know that it will be a good next three years!
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) Yep, and hopefully a good almost-three years on the next server!
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) say, will people who have been a part of the server since techworld get a special title perhaps? would be nice :P
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:41 PM) ... *Sigh* it's been a good almost-three years here...
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 08:40 PM) Yes, very sadly this website and forums will be no longer in use by the end of today if Galen gets it done tonight
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:37 PM) I guess we're leaving this forum then?
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 07:45 PM) http://tech-hyperzon...g54027#msg54027
@  Darkflames : (09 April 2015 - 10:25 PM) (to all the awaiting fans that is.)
@  Darkflames : (09 April 2015 - 10:24 PM) While we wait, our communities from the last server can reorganize. Like Colonia. Open a thread, plan something. Just because the server isn't ready doesn't mean we can't socialize ;;)
@  Aaria : (09 April 2015 - 05:00 PM) In the next few days or next week it's likely we'll be doing a public beta for people who check the forums, but even that won't be released until we have everything we need up, working and as stable as possible
@  Aaria : (09 April 2015 - 04:59 PM) Unlike with the last map we are leaving a proper launch until we are sure that we've covered everything and that all major issues have already been fixed before a playerbase is established
@  Aaria : (09 April 2015 - 04:57 PM) No the reason isn't permissions

Photo

HyperZone mod list!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Aaria

Aaria

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

Hey guys,

We've got a mod list now, one or two mods still may be added or removed but for now this list is set.

There's a lot of new mods and our old favourites, and it's going to be awesome.

I hope you're all as excited as I am to explore new mods (and find new ways to crash the server and corrupt your chunks). 

http://www.technicpa...oneadmin.612606

Thank the talented Yotsune and Dehietyi for constructing this list and the mods, they've put in countless hours of hard work so far and have done a fantastic job with this!

Enjoy.

Posted Image

#2 NoodleNugget

NoodleNugget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:09 AM

This modpack is insane! I LOVE it!

#3 Art_Pavonis

Art_Pavonis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:14 PM

Noodle Nugget, you're alive!

#4 NoodleNugget

NoodleNugget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:43 PM

Yup! Sorry for disappearing for 2 months, my computer broke and i couldn't do anything. Drove me crazy! Hopefully I will be on more often.

#5 beanboy10

beanboy10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:00 PM

This modpack looks absolutely epic! I can't wait to try it.

EDIT:

So, I downloaded the modpack, thought about playing it, and went

"Wait, I don't have a server to play it on."

I just want to test it so I'm definitely willing to wait for a server. I am wondering how well it runs in singleplayer, so I'll have to test.

#6 Rusvasul

Rusvasul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:46 PM

so, I am trying to dl the mod pack but I keep getting a fail to download diag box, says contact pack author? is this a problem on my system or the Technic? is it working for others?

#7 Aaria

Aaria

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:25 AM

The pack isn't public yet

Posted Image

#8 Rusvasul

Rusvasul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:00 AM

Can you make it public?

#9 DakotaKid98

DakotaKid98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:36 AM

be patient, it will be out soon I'm sure

#10 Rusvasul

Rusvasul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:32 PM

But what is the point of not making the mod pack public? What will it hurt for me to play with it on my own system? Is there a practical reason or are they just being coy?

#11 Aaria

Aaria

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 317 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:50 PM

The point of not making the pack public is that you need additional permissions from the mod owners. Currently we have permissions for a private mod pack on FTB. The pack was going to be released yesterday, as the RAM we needed to be able to run smoothly arrived, however during installation there was a hardware malfunction. So Hyper has been spending today trying to fix it and get the new hardware. The server should be up, ideally, today, but most likely within the next few days. We only got permission from FTB today which is why the pack hasn't been made public, as well as not having had the RAM until yesterday.

Sorry for having not kept everyone updated, there's just been so much going on and so much to do!

I understand that it's annoying being kept in the dark and waiting, but please remember we're all volunteers, with lives and jobs and that we are all trying our best to make sure that there are as few problems as possible before launch.

Generally I'm always on the forums looking out for questions etc... so if there's anything anyone wants to know, PM me or reply and I will do my best to answer ^_^

Posted Image

#12 Rusvasul

Rusvasul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:15 PM

hmm, I didn't realize that there was politics involved with this. I should have, considering when there are more than one people trying to do something politics happens, but I didn't realize there were 3rd party permissions involved in releasing a mod pack. I am sure that I speak for everyone when I say that we all appreciate what you guys are doing, and if you need help, let me know, I have some free time at the moment.

#13 Aaria

Aaria

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 317 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:19 PM

hmm, I didn't realize that there was politics involved with this. I should have, considering when there are more than one people trying to do something politics happens, but I didn't realize there were 3rd party permissions involved in releasing a mod pack. I am sure that I speak for everyone when I say that we all appreciate what you guys are doing, and if you need help, let me know, I have some free time at the moment.

Most mod developers give public access for their mods where people only need to reference who they're getting the mod from. However with certain mod developers they require you to ask for their permission, and launchers won't let you have the pack public unless you explicitly get their permission to use their mods. Some of the developers refuse to give permission to Tekkit but will give permission for FTB, so it's very complicated to get to the place where all permissions are sorted for the correct launcher, and no one is being cheated or made unhappy by the development of this modpack. 

Posted Image