Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

• Read the FAQ first before asking questionsShoutbox is for General chat and questions only •
@  ergo3983 : (01 May 2019 - 09:53 PM) It's been so long! I still remember :)
@  seanos1998 : (30 April 2019 - 10:45 PM) Same
@  Brisingr17 : (12 March 2019 - 03:52 AM) I miss the good ol' days!
@  robotfly : (07 February 2019 - 04:01 PM) I dont know who will see this, or if anyone will, but I love all you guys, and I miss our time on this server <3 I hope you all are doing well
@  seanos1998 : (28 December 2017 - 09:48 PM) R.I.P.
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) http://hyperzone.tech/
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) It's been revived and running for more than a year
@  KookieNCoffee1 : (22 September 2016 - 03:13 AM) Woot!
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) xD
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) Revive The techworld!
@  Brisingr17 : (28 August 2016 - 10:10 AM) Glad the old site is back, lots of memories
@  Lumandrill : (23 August 2016 - 05:07 PM) Wuhuuu First Visitor in a year :D
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:44 PM) haha, let's not hope, but know that it will be a good next three years!
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) Yep, and hopefully a good almost-three years on the next server!
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) say, will people who have been a part of the server since techworld get a special title perhaps? would be nice :P
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:41 PM) ... *Sigh* it's been a good almost-three years here...
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 08:40 PM) Yes, very sadly this website and forums will be no longer in use by the end of today if Galen gets it done tonight
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:37 PM) I guess we're leaving this forum then?
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 07:45 PM) http://tech-hyperzon...g54027#msg54027
@  Darkflames : (09 April 2015 - 10:25 PM) (to all the awaiting fans that is.)

Photo

Project Suggestions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 achartran

achartran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

suggest cool projects for the town!

here is what is already planned:

Castle (spawn)
Farms/Industrial district

#2 Nerolat

Nerolat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

If I will be applied I would like to make a public machines and other items' shop.

#3 brauk

brauk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

unfourtanetly icannot finish achartrans statue none the less start it this weekend beacuase my dog had passed away last night and we had to bring him to the vet :( but i will work on this project asap if you have any wool or dyes pls donate to the statues

#4 AoC Ascention

AoC Ascention

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

unfourtanetly icannot finish achartrans statue none the less start it this weekend beacuase my dog had passed away last night and we had to bring him to the vet :( but i will work on this project asap if you have any wool or dyes pls donate to the statues

I'm really sorry to hear that news man =/
I have some extra dyes and wool, where would you like them and how much/what colors?

#5 brauk

brauk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

diffrent shades of blue particularly

#6 achartran

achartran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

sorry to hear that Brauk :(

there is no rush on my statue and i may have the time to build it myself this weekend, and maybe start on zred's.

#7 brauk

brauk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

kk

#8 AoC Ascention

AoC Ascention

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

I wish with, achartran's permission of course. To redo the BesterVille Spawn.

There is a house to the right of the message board that has been inactive since i personally joined and i would like to demolish it, (Its not finished and made out of wood and has a staircase to nowhere) Also to demolish the board and make a more new user friendly spawn to aid those who may be confused or to give more information so that if an assistant or above is not on new users can read the signs and get directions of what to do and see.

I recently upgraded our free to members power supply from 1.2Mil to 20Mil and added OverClockers to help speed things along. I wish to make BesterVille Shine among the best of the communities and i personally believe that we need to step our game up and make a better first impression for when members join our town.

Another thing i wished to bring up was the inactive house's and properties within the Metropolis itself. Asgard and I had an idea to make a bank so that if a home goes 1 month inactive (or less depending on your choice) It will be taken down. All items will be stored in their respective chests within the banks vault with the players name listed above it. This will reduce "clutter" and free up more high end property for new town members.

All of these things mentioned are still idea's so feel free to add your input and let me know what you think. No action will be taken until approved and sanctioned by the BesterVille Chain of Command.

-Ascention

#9 achartran

achartran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

I really wish we could tear down inactive houses ascention, but Galen and his team wont let us :(. I will pm Galen about this and see if we can get an exception), plus the bank idea may make it acceptable.

As for redoing the spawn, go for it. Ive been meaning to do it but i don't have time atm.

#10 zRedwind

zRedwind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:59 AM

AoC,

I am in full support of demolishing houses that have been inactive. If there is any resources that you will need, I may be able to help. If you would like any help making the spawn point, me and Lonewolf190 would love to help build anything you need. A castle, mansion, you name it. We will also gather the resources needed for said project.

~zRedwind

#11 matthew3502

matthew3502

Veteran

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

Only a member fo the staff team can remove an inactive members house. If they have been inactive for more then a week without making a post then send a message to me or another staff member with the name of the player and the location of the house, we will tear it down and put everything in lava.

If any non staff member destroyeds the house then it is stealing/griefing and we will find out and apply a suitable punishment

As for that house I'll be happy to remove it when I'm in game.

#12 achartran

achartran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

Thanks for the info Matt, ill send you a list of inactive houses later. (We have quite a few)

thanks,
achartran

#13 lukewh1997

lukewh1997

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

If I will be applied I would like to make a public machines and other items' shop.

where would the machine shop be

#14 achartran

achartran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

nerolat isn't active im pretty sure, but we already have public machines for people to use, and multiple shops for people to buy the materials for their own in. A shop that sells machines is in the mega mall as well, but i think thats a bit cheaty and takes the fun out of tekkit

#15 Pmck6

Pmck6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

Personally I really support the idea of remaking the town spawn cause currently it looks a bit cluttered and messy (Jetpack perspective), I also believe another impotant thing to work on is encouraging people to take up stalls in the marketplace, which would help make Besterville a more central spot for the area and stop people from having to tp to spawn all the time. Maybe part of this could be lessening the prices for a stall? I also think we should try out maybe making a walled central town (no houses inside) with the districts outside so that Besterville looks a bit more orderly, this would also leave room in the central area for new projects such as skyscrapers, mayan pyramids etc.

#16 Pmck6

Pmck6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

Btw really sad to hear about your dog Brauk :(

#17 Numlock123

Numlock123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

Old post again mate, anything from June onwards will generally be on the new map.

#18 Pmck6

Pmck6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

lol wow gotta start checking the dates :)

#19 janischc

janischc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

Wedding Hall/ Ceremonial hall

#20 achartran

achartran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

So, sorry to have been a way for awhile everyone, Dwarf Fortress has snatched most of my waking hours for the past week. And while that has led to much FUN (nudge nudge, wink wink, for those of you who have played), I've forgotten to keep up with techworld.

So here goes, town spawn is an issue im working on. The current spawn will NOT stay the spawn forever. i cant really do much about the chests in spawn as they are all brauk's, and ive asked him to clean them up (although last i checked he has been offline 13+ days, so i may just have an admin/mod do it). As for the new spawn plans, its going to be epic. Mihyeon and I had a late night visioning session courtesy of zRedwind hosting a server for us (which he kindly left on all night for us, despite saying he would turn it off at 11, i think he may have forgotten about it :P), anyways we built 90% of a kickass castle that we will be building as soon as i can get enough people online at the same time to do (we also need to gather all the stone for it).

I will be working on the workstations for the factory as well.

so beyond that zRedwind will be opening his district, Magus, to the public soon, although he will keep the strict theme and build codes. If you are looking for a plot in the meantime ill be searching for ways to expand my district soon, now that I've almost finished that giant greek temple of mine. Although my district has strict build codes as well, and i do suggest strongly that you try to use marble somehow, and you are at least a decent builder. If i don't like your house I'll ask you to change it.

well anyways, im back, for now...
- achartran