Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

• Read the FAQ first before asking questionsShoutbox is for General chat and questions only •
@  ergo3983 : (01 May 2019 - 09:53 PM) It's been so long! I still remember :)
@  seanos1998 : (30 April 2019 - 10:45 PM) Same
@  Brisingr17 : (12 March 2019 - 03:52 AM) I miss the good ol' days!
@  robotfly : (07 February 2019 - 04:01 PM) I dont know who will see this, or if anyone will, but I love all you guys, and I miss our time on this server <3 I hope you all are doing well
@  seanos1998 : (28 December 2017 - 09:48 PM) R.I.P.
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) http://hyperzone.tech/
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) It's been revived and running for more than a year
@  KookieNCoffee1 : (22 September 2016 - 03:13 AM) Woot!
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) xD
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) Revive The techworld!
@  Brisingr17 : (28 August 2016 - 10:10 AM) Glad the old site is back, lots of memories
@  Lumandrill : (23 August 2016 - 05:07 PM) Wuhuuu First Visitor in a year :D
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:44 PM) haha, let's not hope, but know that it will be a good next three years!
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) Yep, and hopefully a good almost-three years on the next server!
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) say, will people who have been a part of the server since techworld get a special title perhaps? would be nice :P
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:41 PM) ... *Sigh* it's been a good almost-three years here...
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 08:40 PM) Yes, very sadly this website and forums will be no longer in use by the end of today if Galen gets it done tonight
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:37 PM) I guess we're leaving this forum then?
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 07:45 PM) http://tech-hyperzon...g54027#msg54027
@  Darkflames : (09 April 2015 - 10:25 PM) (to all the awaiting fans that is.)

Photo

What Will Happen When We Upgrade To 3.0 And To Wipe Or Not To Wipe?

MUST READ

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
166 replies to this topic

Poll: Please read the whole topic before voting (141 member(s) have cast votes)

Please read the whole topic before voting

1. Voted Wipe the map and all money (109 votes [77.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.30%

2. Voted Keep the map (32 votes [22.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.70%

Vote

#1 Mastergalen

Mastergalen

Owner

• Owner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Please read the whole topic before voting

This may not come as a surprise since I am pretty certain the idea of a map wipe has been thrown around for awhile now. We're currently wondering what the current opinion of the players is on the subject of a map reset.

Tekkit 3 brings tonnes of new features to and allows players to get a fresh start. Along with this lots of IDs are changing and Forestry will not be present in Tekkit 3. This creates a lot of issues. Could we possibly get the map to work with Tekkit 3? Yes, however, a smooth conversion could not be guaranteed and it'd be a large and difficult undertaking. We will definitely try everything we can if the community decides to vote to keep the map.

Even though losing your stuff in a map wipe sucks there are some really big advantages! These include:
  • Large improvement to the tick rate! Back to 20 TPS. Right now, there are thousands of machines of running (mostly aren't used but they're still running and consumer resources), each one of them the server has to do calculations for
  • Increased stability: Tekkit is in beta and may have corrupted the old world, which may be responsible for the recent crashes. Starting over would solve that.
  • A new, fresh map for you to build on with fresh resources to mine.
  • Jungle biomes will be in the world, yay
  • Having the economy starting from scratch will have it become more balanced as we would replace the gold standard (no longer can player mass produce gold and sell them the to the server) but we will have wages instead. Some players have 500,000 credits for example (which is ridiculous).
We therefore ask you to vote wisely above, not just considering that you will lose your stuff, but what is good for the long-term of the server.

Removal of Buildcraft
What I can tell you for sure though, is that Buildcraft will be removed when we update to Tekkit 3.0

Why? It is simply redundant as many of the updates to RedPower replace all of its functions and you can do it better. Buildcraft alone is responsible for 60% of the server resources being used up and RedPower is simply put, much more efficiently coded.

To assist you with the transition, there is a guide on the wiki now, giving you all the alternatives to Buildcraft items.

As of now, there are no plans to reimburse you for your losses. (Should have used RedPower all along :P)

EDIT: You can apply for your project/build to be transferred to the new map here.

#2 HunterLuigi

HunterLuigi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

I think a map wipe is recommended, but a lot of people will lose hours and hours of work. And others will lose buildings that means more to them than only blocks.

I would suggest to place a copy of the old map so we can store it to keep our buildings in some way. Is that possible?

#3 alexhoodg

alexhoodg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

keep it!

or maybe Worldedit save towns, something?

#4 HunterLuigi

HunterLuigi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

I don't know about you but the TPS is sometimes a pain in the ass. I do know we will end up in the same situation sooner or later, but it's at least a month of enjoyable play time with tekkit.

#5 FruitDatLoop

FruitDatLoop

Banned

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

I really don't want a map reset, I just started 2 weeks ago on a huge project, And it's gotten really far. :P I've been working on it for like 6-7 hours a day, everyday. A lot of people will lose a lot of hard work, and don't want to lose it. Though if it does happen, well forget the past, just keep on truckin'.

Long Live Techworld.

#6 christopherhq

christopherhq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

Wipe da map! :D

#7 davidn77

davidn77

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

if we wipe the map it will be faster and more efficient. I say we do it. it will help the newer players get started i am fairly new and found it hard. so i say wipe.

#8 HunterLuigi

HunterLuigi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

I'm not voting until I get a response about a map copy. All I need and I'm again a happier person.

#9 raidillon55

raidillon55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

NOOOOO don't remove buildcraft,removing build craft is removing bukkit.plz we all love quarrys and pipes i am not god at redpower i am a buildcraftguy plz don't remove it.i think that it is the best mod out there plz for the people don't remove build craft,or at least give us some ee options like the energy condenser or alcemical chest and the philosopher stone, removing buildcraft is the biggest mistake you will do to the server.

#10 bangtidy49

bangtidy49

Banned

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

Yes restart!Tekkit 3.0 will be so much better!

#11 Heathy

Heathy

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

Yh, fair point Hunter, I agree completely. I have unfortunately joined at the wrong time it seems, where the map may or may not be wiped. This may seem insignificant compared with the likes of the major towns like Basterville and Fallcrest, but starting over once more is not fun. Like I have suggested on other servers, could we possible take over a few chest fulls of items, this way:

We get a handy start so it isn't as difficult and laboursome to restart.
New resources will be there for us, like you said, but we will have the tools to mine it straight away.
It will generally give us who have worked hours up on end a head start.
Also, if the map does reset, could those who have a town currently be reinbursed the money they used to purchase the town, and also a week's worth of upkeep. This way people won't just have lost their items.

Overall I am fairly unbiased, and can see both benifits. Although, one thing stands out about your post Galen. Eventhough BC is poorly coded, I cannot understand why we wouldn't be reinbursed for them items. Redpower for some is more daunting than BC, so it shouldn't be a factor in whether to reinburse or not. That is all :D

#12 bangtidy49

bangtidy49

Banned

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

Do we keep our money by any chance?

#13 Heathy

Heathy

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

I forgot to mention, is there any way of making a seperate world so there is a new world for tekkit 3.0 but also the current old world? If so, I am for it.

#14 FruitDatLoop

FruitDatLoop

Banned

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

TBH, I got over it, but It's just aggravating knowing I just got a lot of credits like 3 days ago, and was mining over 50 stacks of marble for over 2-3 weeks. :P I don't mind the decisions though. You all have your reasons.

#15 Dirtycarpet

Dirtycarpet

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

Can you tell if there are corrupted parts on the map? you just said there may be. If so, then a reset would definitely be the best option. And honestly with the removal of buildcraft, if a wipe is needed to remove all the old machines... bite the bullet and wipe it.

Edit: Read the vote guys, it says wiping money too, so reimbursements are pointless.

#16 beefchip1029

beefchip1029

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

Guess it's time to start learning redpower.

#17 gkulick

gkulick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

I agree with wiping. I think the server will be much more enjoyable for those of us who play regularly.

#18 davidn77

davidn77

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

wait so no more machines?

#19 FruitDatLoop

FruitDatLoop

Banned

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

No more buildcraft machines.

#20 Karrakazz

Karrakazz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

I don't care about my money, resources, solar panels and stuff or buildcraft being removed.
What I do care about is the town where I belong to being wiped, my tower
where i've put alot of effort in so far, and wich is not even completed.