Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

• Read the FAQ first before asking questionsShoutbox is for General chat and questions only •
@  ergo3983 : (12 November 2020 - 09:03 PM) I sure do miss it as well... I wish that I had chosen to take some world downloads all the way back then!
@  KookieNCoffee1 : (22 October 2020 - 04:58 PM) What a time, and how I miss it so! I do wonder if the old world saves are out there somewhere...
@  ergo3983 : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM) Same here! I wonder if the old world saves are still around...
@  Ultrarage_Av... : (19 August 2020 - 01:18 AM) Just posting a message here as I am reminiscing on the great times I had on this server. I'll always remember it. All the best to you all.
@  ergo3983 : (01 May 2019 - 09:53 PM) It's been so long! I still remember :)
@  seanos1998 : (30 April 2019 - 10:45 PM) Same
@  Brisingr17 : (12 March 2019 - 03:52 AM) I miss the good ol' days!
@  robotfly : (07 February 2019 - 04:01 PM) I dont know who will see this, or if anyone will, but I love all you guys, and I miss our time on this server <3 I hope you all are doing well
@  seanos1998 : (28 December 2017 - 09:48 PM) R.I.P.
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) http://hyperzone.tech/
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) It's been revived and running for more than a year
@  KookieNCoffee1 : (22 September 2016 - 03:13 AM) Woot!
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) xD
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) Revive The techworld!
@  Brisingr17 : (28 August 2016 - 10:10 AM) Glad the old site is back, lots of memories
@  Lumandrill : (23 August 2016 - 05:07 PM) Wuhuuu First Visitor in a year :D
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:44 PM) haha, let's not hope, but know that it will be a good next three years!
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) Yep, and hopefully a good almost-three years on the next server!
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) say, will people who have been a part of the server since techworld get a special title perhaps? would be nice :P
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:41 PM) ... *Sigh* it's been a good almost-three years here...

Photo

What Will Happen When We Upgrade To 3.0 And To Wipe Or Not To Wipe?

MUST READ

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
166 replies to this topic

Poll: Please read the whole topic before voting (141 member(s) have cast votes)

Please read the whole topic before voting

1. Voted Wipe the map and all money (109 votes [77.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.30%

2. Voted Keep the map (32 votes [22.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.70%

Vote

#21 Dirtycarpet

Dirtycarpet

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

I will miss the gold exchange. I mean, uranium sold for about 10c each recently and that a bit more rare than gold. I was nice having one material that was exhanged for a set rate. How were people "mass producing" gold anyway?

Tekkit 3 is out now, so if we do wipe, then when would it get wiped?

#22 Karrakazz

Karrakazz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

they were producing it with UU matter.
But it would make the economy more interesting
if you wouldn't be able to sell gold.

#23 Dirtycarpet

Dirtycarpet

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

Or just remove the ability to make gold with uu-matter?

Its just that from previous economies on minecraft servers I have played, over time the price of everything drops very low unless there is something like the gold exchange to keep values higher.

#24 Guest_derbycar379_*

Guest_derbycar379_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Why does buildcraft have to be removed? It's part of what makes tekkit, tekkit. Redpower does not have any Quarries and that feature is one of the biggest parts of buildcraft.

#25 Mastergalen

Mastergalen

Owner

• Owner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

EDIT: You can apply for your project/build to be transferred to the new map here.

#26 Mastergalen

Mastergalen

Owner

• Owner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

Why does buildcraft have to be removed? It's part of what makes tekkit, tekkit. Redpower does not have any Quarries and that feature is one of the biggest parts of buildcraft.

If you would actually read topic...

#27 darkperl

darkperl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

Removing buildcraft is a terrible mistake. Buildcraft is a keystone to the tekkit mod. I don't see how redpower is at all equivalent to buildcraft. If anything is has less features and is more complex to do even mundane things. Instead of placing a pipe in a machine, you need a whole other component, more work and more resources. Sorting in Buildcraft is as simple as one expensive pipe, but in redpower it is this terribly useless machine. Without buildcraft there will be no oil, and no way to store or move liquids, which is a whole chunk of the mod.

I find it cheeky that you are forcing us to use a mod that the least used by the community, and taking away the most popular and simple one. And then insult to injury, you laugh at us I find that offensive.

How will we efficiently clear large amounts of land? Hundreds of block breakers? When I play tekkit, I play for the ease of things, such as having a quarry level a mountain while I work on my solar farm.

When you remove buildcraft two other mods will suffer. The tekkit pack has carefully chosen mods that make minecraft fun and the mods flawlessly compatible. These mods are TehKrush's Power Converters and DaStormbringer's Additional Pipes for BuildCraft. These mods were created to make the game more efficient and to merge the 2 mods. The additional pipes adds teleport pipes, a major anti lag solution to lengthy buildcraft pipes. Did you like water strainers and mk2 geothermals I know I do.. well too bad they are going to be removed too. I personally use geothermal as my main staple for power before I get a nuclear setup, and I know other people set up water strainer farms, this gives a renewable source of low voltage power.

This is why buildcraft should not be removed from OUR server. If you would like to have the server serve the players like you claim, you will set up a vote for the removal of buildcraft. Because if this is removed, I know you will lose most of your server, I have seen it happen before.

P.s. I am pro map reset. I like jungles and will enjoy more oil/ores.

#28 Kriten

Kriten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

Wipe if it fixed the server load and crashes.

#29 Sanderos25

Sanderos25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

EDIT: You can apply for your project/build to be transferred to the new map here.

Than what is the point of reset... i recon if people dont want to loose the town give them a schematic....
if you allow to transfer the towns they can make golden/ diamond and whatever blocks to bring over things of value... it allows cheating... it simply wont be a reset (also not an economic reset since production plants will be there...)

#30 HunterLuigi

HunterLuigi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

I dont want to start to whine about everything, even tho I never stopped, but the votes aren't exactly fair. There is a huge amount of new players who have been here less than 2 weeks and they don't have like nameless ( first name that pops into my mind) huge projects and resources and such. Ofcourse they want a restart so they can start equally with everyone so they can "beat" him and others. I think you'll also chase known "old" players away. I still remember the last map reset. I can say 6 names* of peoeple that I liked who used to play before the restart and that aren't here because they lost too much stuff that they putted so much time in it. Yet again, minecraft multyplayer isn't a game that lasts for ever. Please think carefully before smaching "wipe" like a retard going "duuuh". I know techworld is a really fast growing community and a player or 10 less isn't much of an issue. But a constandly changing community isn't really a healthy one.

* [VIP]rcdboy, viprus, [mod]sbechz, [mod]the freeman v2, [admin]fox, vanillapanda

#31 darkperl

darkperl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

I dont want to start to whine about everything, even tho I never stopped, but the votes aren't exactly fair. There is a huge amount of new players who have been here less than 2 weeks and they don't have like nameless ( first name that pops into my mind) huge projects and resources and such. Ofcourse they want a restart so they can start equally with everyone so they can "beat" him and others. I think you'll also chase known "old" players away. I still remember the last map reset. I can say 6 names* of peoeple that I liked who used to play before the restart and that aren't here because they lost too much stuff that they putted so much time in it. Yet again, minecraft multyplayer isn't a game that lasts for ever. Please think carefully before smaching "wipe" like a retard going "duuuh". I know techworld is a really fast growing community and a player or 10 less isn't much of an issue. But a constandly changing community isn't really a healthy one.

* [VIP]rcdboy, viprus, [mod]sbechz, [mod]the freeman v2, [admin]fox, vanillapanda

I see what you are saying, perhaps have a second world set up?

#32 ilvengeu

ilvengeu

Banned

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Wipe the map!

#33 Heathy

Heathy

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Exactly what I said, Darkperl.

#34 Heathy

Heathy

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

ilvengeu, did you read Hunter's post? Your are a fairly new player and have just given an exact example of what new players are saying.

I'd just like to repeat Hunter's words:
"But a constandly changing community isn't really a healthy one."

#35 Guest_derbycar379_*

Guest_derbycar379_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

If you would actually read topic...

I don't care if redpower has pipes, they're probobly merging with buildcrafts in the update. A mining well can't clear a 64x64 area. Keep buildcraft at least for quarries.

#36 HunterLuigi

HunterLuigi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

This is useless. It's like playing chess with a pigeon. You can make the smartest move in the world, the pigeon will just knock over everything, shit on the board and stand there proud about what he did.

#37 Deh_Fuehrer

Deh_Fuehrer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

Can we please have alchemy bags?

#38 BBz_Trident

BBz_Trident

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

As a new player to this comunity I feel my vote might not carry to mutch weight with the senior members, but I dont see why it should not matter when deciding upon the future of the tekkitserver I've just joined. I plan on being a part of this comunity for as long as tekkit stays interesting and fun, so why shouldn't I, and any other new player, have as much a say in what that future should be as anyone else? Just because I don't have a lot of stuff to loose doesen't nessesarily mean I want everyone else to loose all their stuff. I decided to vote for a map wipe based on the information given by Galen, and the fact that the server has been virtually unplayable for the last few days due to crashes and minor rollbacks removing what little resources I've managed to gather since I started. And I don't want him and whoever helps him spending a ton of time converting a map that might be broken anyway.

It hurts to loose Buildcraft, and I can see many of you feel the same, but I take it as a challenge to learn how to get by without it. Industrialcraft and redpower are for me the two main mods in this pack, and quarries can be replaced by redpower stuff. The one thing I can see a problem with is geothermals being very impractical to use without an efficient way of getting lava into them, and I cant think of anything to replace pumps when collecting lava on a massive scale. Teleport pipes are another thing that will be missed, as there is no real replacement for them as far as I know. They are less intrusive than massive pipelines across the landscape and are less likely to get greifed. If these can be kept, I would strongly suggest looking into it. Its kind of drastic to remove a mod like buildcraft, because people are used to it and know how a lot of it works, but it is demanding on servers to run it, and if I can enjoy the other mods without lag when it is removed I'd rather do that.

I can see why people want their builds copied over to the new world, but Sanderos has a point when it comes to productionplants and such. On this matter though, I feel like I should stay out of it, because I don't have anything I'd want to take with me. Just make sure the things that are copied over stays within reason, and doesent give a huge advantage to these players compared to the rest of us. If I was an old member I would see this as an opportunity to start fresh with a completely different set of players than last time, think what a group of people who have played together for a long time can accomplish on a fresh start! It sucks to lose the stuff you've made and worked for, but exploring a new map is way more exciting than klinging on to an outdated one with outdated machines consuming server resources.

#39 darkperl

darkperl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

As a new player to this comunity I feel my vote might not carry to mutch weight with the senior members, but I dont see why it should not matter when deciding upon the future of the tekkitserver I've just joined.
-snip-

I have to agree and disagree. I agree with all your points on wiping the map, but I have to forcefully disagree with your points on redpower. What would be a replacement for quarries? I do not think that redpower is a good substitute, nor we should remove BC. I can deal with the server not having EE(the afk mod) But if you remove buildcraft it is like removing the water from vanilla minecraft, you can deal without, but it takes away about half of the mods form the tekkit pack.

#40 cheeseybacon11

cheeseybacon11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

keep it!

or maybe Worldedit save towns, something?

I like this idea because idc about all the machines and stuff being gone. That's the fun part of a map wipe is to get that back. I just hate losing my epic houses. Is there an RP2 replacement for a quarry though?