Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

• Read the FAQ first before asking questionsShoutbox is for General chat and questions only •
@  ergo3983 : (12 November 2020 - 09:03 PM) I sure do miss it as well... I wish that I had chosen to take some world downloads all the way back then!
@  KookieNCoffee1 : (22 October 2020 - 04:58 PM) What a time, and how I miss it so! I do wonder if the old world saves are out there somewhere...
@  ergo3983 : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM) Same here! I wonder if the old world saves are still around...
@  Ultrarage_Av... : (19 August 2020 - 01:18 AM) Just posting a message here as I am reminiscing on the great times I had on this server. I'll always remember it. All the best to you all.
@  ergo3983 : (01 May 2019 - 09:53 PM) It's been so long! I still remember :)
@  seanos1998 : (30 April 2019 - 10:45 PM) Same
@  Brisingr17 : (12 March 2019 - 03:52 AM) I miss the good ol' days!
@  robotfly : (07 February 2019 - 04:01 PM) I dont know who will see this, or if anyone will, but I love all you guys, and I miss our time on this server <3 I hope you all are doing well
@  seanos1998 : (28 December 2017 - 09:48 PM) R.I.P.
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) http://hyperzone.tech/
@  DakotaKid98 : (10 October 2016 - 04:44 AM) It's been revived and running for more than a year
@  KookieNCoffee1 : (22 September 2016 - 03:13 AM) Woot!
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) xD
@  Lumandrill : (20 September 2016 - 06:33 PM) Revive The techworld!
@  Brisingr17 : (28 August 2016 - 10:10 AM) Glad the old site is back, lots of memories
@  Lumandrill : (23 August 2016 - 05:07 PM) Wuhuuu First Visitor in a year :D
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:44 PM) haha, let's not hope, but know that it will be a good next three years!
@  Aaria : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) Yep, and hopefully a good almost-three years on the next server!
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:43 PM) say, will people who have been a part of the server since techworld get a special title perhaps? would be nice :P
@  seanos1998 : (10 April 2015 - 08:41 PM) ... *Sigh* it's been a good almost-three years here...

Photo

What Will Happen When We Upgrade To 3.0 And To Wipe Or Not To Wipe?

MUST READ

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
166 replies to this topic

Poll: Please read the whole topic before voting (141 member(s) have cast votes)

Please read the whole topic before voting

1. Voted Wipe the map and all money (109 votes [77.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.30%

2. Voted Keep the map (32 votes [22.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.70%

Vote

#41 Phoenix999

Phoenix999

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:23 PM

I don't think the map should be reset, it is highly likely that, as hunterluigi said, more experienced players will just leave, because the ite,s and projects that they've been working on for a long time, simply disappear.

#42 aj_awesome

aj_awesome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

I think the map wipe is a good thing, but, we should get jobs to make money.

#43 Sanderos25

Sanderos25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:26 PM

dont get me wrong phoenix... but i've build some giant things on the server as well... and stuff is finally coming together for me.... but as a builder i had new ideas and I embrace the idea of starting new projects... i wasn't finished that's a setback but even more if i WAS finished, I'd love to start a new project and leave the old ones behind me... if they are angry about their project, upload the map to mediafire or something and people that want to can download it....

#44 HunterLuigi

HunterLuigi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

@trident

I really appreciate your long posts about your thought. And like you said,

I plan on being a part of this comunity for as long as tekkit stays interesting and fun

My concern is that people that I'm used to play with, will turn their back to Techworld. Because they'll lose their hard work anyway when no one cares. Because they have what they want.

#45 HoneySenPai458

HoneySenPai458

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

Wiping the map is a good idea, but also taking out the Buildcraft mod is awful. Tekkit is based on Buildcraft, Industrialcraft, and Equivalent Exchange. I can understand removing Equivalent Exchange because of how easy it would be to get all the ores and what not. But removing the main thing that makes Tekkit should be out of the question.

I agree in wiping the map, but keep Buildcraft in there. I personally will more than likely leave the community just because there isn't a buildcraft mod installed, which is the main thing that I've been looking for in a server. So sorry to say I would more than likely leave. I just found a few new friends and knowing that the server is doing away with something awesome is really lame.

Voting Yes on Wipe, Voting NO on removing Buildcraft.

#46 HunterLuigi

HunterLuigi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

There is no option about buildcraft going or not ;p

#47 Dirtycarpet

Dirtycarpet

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

I have been through a few map resets in the last few years. I found that resets actually become an incentive for older members who had stopped playing as much to return to the game.

#48 darkperl

darkperl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

nope

#49 HoneySenPai458

HoneySenPai458

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

@HunterLuigi

Which is sad to be honest. I really like Buildcraft. But going without it can be okay I guess. I really want to be on a server that has people who aren't crap all the time.

I do feel bad for the old player's whose been here for a long time. I haven't even been able to play on the server yet, but knowing that their hard work is going to be gone is quite upsetting. Instead of making a topic of having "the most epic" designs is eligible to be moved is kinda crap. I'd honestly just move the active towns to the new map instead of hoping to get picked to be allowed to move your work onto the new map.
But having a new map also has its benifits, less lag, less crashes, fresh ores and etc. Which is good for newbies and maybe for the old player's. Kinda depends with the old player's really. But honestly keeping Buildcraft in this system will make it more funner in my opinion.

#50 Starman

Starman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

What is the replacement for auto-crafting tables,liquid teleport tubes, and power teleport tubes? Also, With Buildcraft and equivalent Exchange removed i'm not sure its really Tekkit anymore. I'm fine with wipe, I just don't like the removal of Buildcraft.

#51 Phoenix999

Phoenix999

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

Instead of making a topic of having "the most epic" designs is eligible to be moved is kinda crap. I'd honestly just move the active towns to the new map instead of hoping to get picked to be allowed to move your work onto the new map.

The reason all the towns aren't being moved over is that 1) you'll have to find space for them and 2) town mayors may want to start the town from fresh if a fresh map is being created.

#52 HoneySenPai458

HoneySenPai458

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

That is true yes, but if they don't. Let's say that I built a fabulous town that I love, even though it may not be the greatest, but I would like to keep it, instead of losing it. That's where I would request a move. Yes it would need to find a place, but finding a place in a whole new map shouldn't be that difficult. Starting off there will more than likely be the main town for the player's to spawn in, and then maybe 3 or 4 other player towns. On a brand new map I think it would be pretty easy to find a place. But that would be something I would do. See if the town owner's wants to keep their towns, or just start off fresh again.

#53 djappleton

djappleton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

I say wipe the map, but keep buildcraft!

#54 Phoenix999

Phoenix999

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

I see where you're coming from honey, but a town mayor could ask for certain houses within his town to be moved over

#55 HoneySenPai458

HoneySenPai458

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:10 AM

True, but the house HAS to be "epic". From what the owner said. Honestly I don't agree. I like the fact that a new map means new things to do instead of just waiting for your ores to come in through the quarry. But I also would like to keep a few things lol. Even if it isn't "epic".

But that's not for me to choose or judge. I think I will stay with the community, mainly because so far everyone has been nice and active. Kinda like that :D

#56 Phoenix999

Phoenix999

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

What he means is that you can't just have a house that you've put 20 minutes into, it has to be a real long term project which deserves to stay on the server

#57 wizaster

wizaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

My main concern is economy-wise. I'd like to have more details about the wage thing; is everybody is going to get a flat rate everyday? Do you need to be connected to get that money? Is there ways to increase the wage ? Saying that you are changing the only way to inject money in the economy is a pretty big deal for me as it will have a great impact on the buying/selling dynamic.

#58 HoneySenPai458

HoneySenPai458

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

lol That's what I ment as well.

#59 Techno2468

Techno2468

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

i hear the new redpower stuff is really sleek and a lot better than buildcraft and a lot more efficient by the time the server slows down it might be upgraded again and if buildcraft is taking the 60% they say then it really needs to go it seems like a step in the right directions for tekkit making it easier for computers to run I know some of you guys have oct core computers and 32gb of ram but i don't and I cant afford I run the default texture pack and have to re-log about 5 times a night because my comp runs out of memory I've only been on the server for over a month so my builds aren't amazing but I keep coming back because the community is amazing on this server the reset will get rid of all the idle machines just grinding away and help players meet others they wouldn't have met because they were in one of the big towns like Besterville sure losing your stuff sucks but building something new together is gonna be so much fun :)

so in short I support the wipe

#60 Techno2468

Techno2468

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

is the showcase and mall type thing still gonna exist and more info on the wage would be great

thanks guys :)